Tracking Spending Spreadsheet – Spreadsheets can be used to track and control revenue and expenses. You can create budget templates and control the money spent on small, medium and large businesses. You can also use the spreadsheet to control personal expenses for items such as paid checks, credit card debt and bank personal loans. By adding formulas to the spreadsheet you can create automatic calculations in the template, and easily review and control expenses against the established budget.
Tracking Spending Spreadsheet
- Open a blank spreadsheet Enter each of the names of the expense categories in column A. For example, for personal items enter “Phone”, “Food” and “Clothes”. Enter a unique name in each line of column A.
- Enter the name of each month beginning in January at the top of the spreadsheet, starting in column B and row 1 (B1) to control the monthly expenditure. Enter the title “Total spent” in cell N1.
- Enter the title “Annual budget” in cell O1. Enter financial expense limits for each category in cell O2 of the spreadsheet. Enter a budget or spending limit for each category. Write the heading “Spent against Budget” in cell P1.
- Enter “= SUM (B2: M2)” in cell N2 to control the total spent for the first category from January to December. Copy and paste the formula below column N for all expense categories.
- Enter “= O2-N2” in cell P2 to control what you have spent against the established budget. Copy and paste the formula below column P for all expense categories.
At the beginning of each month, enter the amount of money, even in cents, that you have spent for each category of expenses. Check the updates that can be made in the P column, which are automatically calculated and show how your expenses are developing with respect to the annual budget.
Gallery of Tracking Spending Spreadsheet
( Click Image to Enlarge )
- Proposal Tracking Spreadsheet
- Fundraiser Tracking Spreadsheet
- Downtime Tracking Spreadsheet
- Credit Card Tracking Spreadsheet
- Client Tracking Spreadsheet